Out of all the other characters in Dragon Ball Super who were sidelined, Goten and Trunks were the ones with the highest potential to shine. These two kids came in and achieved things that none of the other Saiyans on Earth could’ve dreamed of at that age.
One of their most prominent achievements was turning into Gotenks using Fusion Dance. Now that Goten and Trunks have been given the spotlight in the Super Hero arc, could we see a Potara version of this fusion? Let’s find out.
The Goten and Trunks Dynamic
The beloved duo of Goten and Trunks has wowed Dragon Ball fans in the past by using the Metamoran fusion dance to combine with the powerful warrior Gotenks. But still, Potara fusion is considered superior to the standard fusion dance method. When Goku and Vegeta fused this way to create Vegito, they completely overwhelmed Super Buu with ease.
- There are several reasons the boys may eventually go the Potara route. As teenagers, Goten, and Trunks’ base power hasn’t increased as rapidly as their fathers’.
- Fusion gives them a way to remain relevant against threats akin to Moro or Granolah.
- Their regular fusion dance also has a 30-minute time limit that has hampered them in long fights before. Potara would enable a fusion without that drawback.
Getting the Potara Earrings
Access to Potaras shouldn’t be an issue either now. With Goku able to teleport to Beerus’ planet, obtaining some Potara earrings for the boys should be simple enough. And Vegeta may willingly offer his Potara to give his son Trunks greater power for the sake of the Earth.
- In terms of raw power, a Goten-Trunks Potara fusion would far eclipse even Gotenks. It took Gotenks achieving Super Saiyan 3 just to match Super Buu.
- But as teenagers, a base form Potara fused Goten and Trunks might rival or surpass Cell and Golden Frieza. Their abilities could potentially even challenge Goku and Vegeta’s base forms now.
Resulting Fusion: Trunksen?
Personality-wise, a Potara fusion opens up intriguing possibilities as well. Gotenks tends to be an arrogant showboat due to Trunks’ influence. But a fused being with Goten’s gentle nature might have a very different disposition. Fun dynamics could emerge when this new fusion interacts with others like Vegito.
- For Potara to happen, extreme threats would likely need to push the boys to desperate measures.
- Or perhaps a future tournament requires a stronger fusion, leading them to choose Potara over the dance.
- Given their potential, a Potara fusion between Goten and Trunks could be a major game changer.
In the end, while never as prominent as Goku or Vegeta, Goten and Trunks fill key roles as the fun-loving younger generation. It’s likely Potara Fusion is saved as a trump card rather than a recurring occurrence like the Fusion Dance. But if and when it happens, a Goten-Trunks Potara fusion could definitely shake things up in Dragon Ball Super.