Akira Toriyama’s Sand Land has received not one but two adaptations this year – a movie and a video game. An exciting tale of a dystopian world where humans and demons live together, it tells the tale of greed. Earlier today, an updated story trailer was released on Bandai Namco’s official YouTube channel, revealing the English Dub cast for the video game adaptation. The cast looks promising and is filled with some big names.
Sand Land – What is it?
Akira Toriyama’s Sand Land is set in a dystopian world, where water is a scarce resource. The King is hoarding the remaining water and controlling its supply to the rest of the people. His greed made the citizen’s life miserable, leading old man Rao to take things into his own hands. Losing all faith, he approaches the demons in hopes that they will help him out, determined to do anything to save his fellow race.
What kind of game will it be?
The game is stated to be an RPG game. It has a similar art style to the Dragon Ball franchise because they share the author. The game will progress in a similar fashion to Dragon Ball Xenoverse having elements of fun and exciting fights with an open world to explore. It has not received a release date however it is set to release on the following platforms:
- Xbox Series X|S
- PC via Steam®
English Dub Cast revealed: Who’s in it?
The cast consists of individuals from a wide and varied genre. The roles they have been presented to are very different from the roles we have come to know of them before. However, their performance will go on to show their versatility. Let’s dive right in.
- Beelzebub: The star of the show only deserves the best. Bringing another star from a different franchise, he will be voiced by Risa Mei. She is popularly known as the English voice actor for Sangonomiya Kokomi from Genshin Impact.
- Rao: An old man requires someone who can voice his age. He will be voiced by John Lipow, who voiced B-20N in Star Wars. B-20N is a loyal character who made fans feel like he was an old butler. This is just the guy we need for an old soul.
- Thief: Thief as his name suggests, a thief. He will be voiced by Owen Thomas, who voiced Twisted Fate in League of Legends. Having a record of voicing a swindler, he will be able to breathe life into Thief.
- Lucifer: He is the king of all Demons and accepts Rao’s wish. This character demands sophistication, and who better to play such a character than Keith Silverstein? He is popularly known as the English voice actor for Zhongli from Genshin Impact.
- General Are: He is the top soldier in the Sand Land Royal Army and acts as a constant adversary to Rao and his party. He is voiced by Andrew Lander, who is known for The Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man 3, and NCIS.
- Supreme General Zeu: Players will get to experience this new character as they play through the game. Rest assured, he’s one of the bad guys we will have to defeat. He will be voiced by Shawn Smith, who is known for American Rampage, The River Rat, and Heaven: Forbid.
The addition of a brand new character in the cast hints that the game might explore more in the story than what is in the manga. This is good news for fans as the Sand Land will get an expansion in the plot for players to immerse themselves in and live forever in Akira’s art.
If you love getting information to reach your fingertips super fast, Spiel Anime’s newsletter is just the thing for you. Subscribe here and receive a weekly dose of fun, exciting, and spicy anime content.