As Gilgamesh and Enkidu return in Fate Strange/Fake: Whispers of Dawn, an hour-long special episode that acts as a prologue for the upcoming Fate/Strange Fake anime, fans have been wondering about the nature of their reunion. After the events of the special episode, there is one prominent question lingering in the minds of fans, Will we get to see Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight again? Let’s find out.
Gilgamesh and Enkidu
In a franchise like Fate where multiple timelines, narratives, alternate versions of characters and adaptations exist, it is quite a herculean task to cement a character in the hearts of fans and viewers. One of the most charismatic characters who did that with ease was Gilgamesh, largely thanks to his charismatic personality and God Complex.
- Across all of time and existence, there is only one single individual who Gilgamesh has called a ‘Friend’, acknowledging them as his equal – Enkidu.
- Born from nothing but a clod of Earth, Enkidu is a genderless and soulless monster created by the Gods.
- After clashing with Gilgamesh in a fierce battle for several days, they were finally acknowledged by Gilgamesh and proceeded to become his only friend.
The Fake Holy Grail War
The core premise of Fate/Strange Fake is centered around the fake Holy Grail War set in Snowfield, USA. In the special, Whispers of Dawn, fans got to see the inception of the war with the entry of the latest iterations of Masters and Servants.
- Gilgamesh was summoned as the Servant of a young girl who seems to have a specific objective and will be passed down to her by her father.
- On the other hand, Enkidu was summoned by a Mage who used a Chimera Dog as a catalyst. However, instead of being bound to the Mage, Enkidu became the Servant of the Dog.
- Apart from these two, an Assassin, Berserker, and Caster were also summoned.
- Towards the end of the Episode Enkidu and Gilgamesh sensed each other and decided to clash once more in a desert.
Will they fight again?
Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see a conclusive battle in Whispers of Dawn. As both Enkidu and Gilgamesh prepared to go all out, they sensed another existence that had a significant presence enough to make two Divine Spirits postpone their battle.
- Both Enkidu and Gilgamesh decided to pause their battle temporarily and deal with the external threats of the Fake Holy Grail War first, in order to fight without any interruptions.
- If what we saw in the special is any indication, it seems like a rematch between Enkidu and Gilgamesh is extremely likely.
- Not only will this fight be an epic showdown between two divine entities, this might very well determine the overall outcome of the Fake Holy Grail War.
Based on all the information we have about the Fate/Strange Fake anime adaptation so far, the chances of us getting to see Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight again are extremely high. A-1 Pictures has done an excellent job of creating a beautifully animated, fluid episode that is quite comparable to the work of Ufotable.
No matter how long it takes, this battle between friends would be one of the most epic showdowns in the history of Fate.