Jujutsu Kaisen 239 will introduce the battle between Sukuna and Yuji, and the latter’s fight for vengeance. While this will be a pivotal point in the entire narrative of the story, the loss of two main characters puts a strain on the thoughts of the readers, making it a near possible prediction to make regarding the outcome of the forthcoming battle. In this article, we will discuss Yuji’s new form and whether his rage would be able to defeat Sukuna in JJK Chapter 239.
Jujutsu Kaisen 239 – Yuji and Higuruma break Hakari’s barrier
With the defeat of Kashimo in Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238, the climax of the chapter ended with Yuji and Higuruma breaking Hakari’s barrier to enter the battlefield. While this doesn’t indicate Hakari’s defeat, it is a similar case to the one when Yuji broke Mahito’s Domain barrier to rescue Nanami. Yuji and Higuruma fall from the sky as Sukuna mocks his former vessel.
- Moreover, apart from Yuji’s abilities as a sorcerer, Higuruma also possesses his powerful cursed technique and domain expansion, both of which can be pivotal in the battle against Sukuna.
- Yuji and Higuruma will primarily play the role of weakening Sukuna, as they cannot handle the King of Curses on their own.
- This might be followed by the incoming of other characters into the battle, and overpowering Sukuna in his weakened state.
Whatever may be the case, Yuji and Higuruma together have to be sensible enough to not take the awakened state of Sukuna casually, as he has regained his ancient form and currently stands as the strongest being in the universe.
Will we witness Yuji’s awakened Cursed Technique Jujutsu Kaisen 239?
Yuji Itadori can be seen with an entirely different approach in JJK Chapter 239. While he was never born with a Cursed Technique, he was able to see curses eventually. Gojo once made a claim that eventually Sukuna’s cursed technique would become Yuji’s own, as the latter was a host that could overpower Sukuna.
The manifestation of this power has become visible now. In Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238, Yuji was seen with blade-like outgrowths on his hands and he also had sharp nails.
- These sharp nails in Sukuna are primarily meant for the Cleave and Dismantle Cursed Technique, which indicates that Yuji might be able to finally manifest that as his own CT.
- This also makes Yuji the only person who will now stand immune to Sukuna’s CT, as both of them will share the same technique hereafter.
Moreover, there are three major theories which suggest the reasons for Yuji’s transfiguration:
- The first one, which we have already discussed, suggests that this is a manifestation of Sukuna’s Cursed Technique and Yuji would eventually possess his abilities.
- The second one points towards an absurd yet possible theory that Yuji might’ve possibly found and consumed Sukuna’s final finger. This would allow him to manifest those powers, but he would still be substantially weaker than Sukuna.
- The third and final theory would suggest that Yuji has the ability to swap bodies and Cursed Techniques and this comes from his relation and status as a Death Painting Womb.
Will Yuji’s rage defeat Sukuna in Jujutsu Kaisen 239?
Jujutsu Kaisen 239 would primarily focus on Yuji’s rage and his transformation. It will be about the protagonist who would reclaim his status and his authority in the series, and face off against the central antagonist of the series – Ryomen Sukuna.
While his transformation still remains a shadowed mystery, we will soon be able to understand its nature and causality. However, we must understand that Yuji has lost his dearest friend and his beloved Sensei, making him a madman with a new power-up.
If we are to look at it from an unbiased perspective, we have to agree that Sukuna is still too powerful to be defeated, however, he can definitely be weakened by Yuji and Higuruma, paving the way for other sorcerers to aid the two in finishing off the King of Curses.
In this process, Yuji might lose his life and that might be the final price that needs to be paid. However, the fact that his burning rage will send flames across the battlefield remains undoubtedly clear and anticipatory.
Yuji’s rage might not entirely defeat Sukuna, but it will pave the way for a battle that even Sukuna’s true form would want to pull back from. Yuji has always remained an extremely exceptional and powerful sorcerer, and his awakening might even make him stronger than Satoru Gojo in the future.
This may lead him to harvest a body that will be a pure manifestation of Sukuna, and which will be used to bring down the formidable antagonist. For more regular anime updates, subscribe to our newsletter at Spiel Anime!