Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9 explores the identity of Suguru Geto and the interaction with Satoru Gojo, leading to the entrapment and imprisonment of the latter in the Prison Realm. The plot narrative is filled with a lot of discoveries and the diversity of the events in such a sequential format allows the viewer to understand the nature of Pseudo-Geto in the context of the ongoing storyline.
Pseudo Geto and Satoru Gojo: an interaction and a conspiracy in Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9 shows the opening of the Prison Realm behind Gojo. As he tried to flee, Suguru Geto appeared and greeted him with his signature “Yo“. Gojo is shocked at the appearance of his late best friend and tries to grasp the situation, which he miserably fails at. While he is sure that he killed his friend with his own hands a year ago at the battle during the ‘Night Parade of a Hundred Demons’, he is confused and baffled at the situation.
- Gojo tries to see through Pseudo-Geto using his Six Eyes, but it negates any possibility of that individual being a clone or an impression.
- This further solidified and reaffirmed that this was indeed Geto, his lost and deceased best friend. He goes into a spiral of his own memories and thoughts, reminiscing his school days and the ten years of conflict.
- This interaction proved to be a fulfillment of the conditions for the Prison Realm to activate and Gojo was now under the influence of the cursed object.
How was Gojo trapped by the Prison Realm and how did Pseudo-Geto reveal himself?
When Gojo Satoru’s brain processed the long history of his life with Suguru Geto, he was ensnared by the clutches of the Prison Realm as he fulfilled the conditions unconditionally. This rendered his Cursed Techniques useless and trapped the strongest sorcerer deeming him fairly useless. However, as he realized he was going down, he asked Geto to reveal his true identity. The man replied that he was indeed Geto, but Gojo went on saying, “My Six Eyes tell me you are Suguru Geto, but my soul knows otherwise“.
This shocked Pseudo-Geto, and he removed the stitches on his head revealing a part of his brain with a mouth. This brain has been possessed by an ancient Curse User known as Kenjaku, who had the ability to hop from one dead body to another and would take over their brains to control the body and its innate abilities. This came as a result of Gojo’s inability to fully exorcise the body of Geto in a fit of sentimentality, which further resulted in this possession.
Is Pseudo Geto stronger than Gojo Satoru?
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9 portrayed the true identity of Pseudo-Geto as Kenjaku. However, even though he was able to imprison Gojo, it isn’t necessary that the former must be stronger in order to mislead the latter. Gojo is undoubtedly stronger than the rest of the villains combined, which makes them resort to their sinister and well-orchestrated plan of imprisoning him.
- Kenjaku has been there for centuries, and as an ancient curse user, he has been conditioned well in the art of battle.
- The entire story in this particular episode revolves around the undoing of the past in a manner that puts Gojo in a fit of confusion and nostalgia, which leads to his fall.
- This might simply mean that he was tricked, but not that he was in any way or means weaker than Kenjaku when it comes to battle.
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9 is a game of memories and nostalgia, which has been overcome by a crippling undertone of a well-planned conspiracy. The identity reveal of Geto as Kenjaku is another major plot turner that will be significant in the further narrative of the show and a character who will remain throughout and until the end of the story.