The recent chapters of One Piece are threatening the well-being of those closest to Luffy. And when we speak of people close to Luffy, the Strawhats take up the front row. The welfare of the crew has fans worried for a long time now.
With the fresh developments, the worries have started to resurface once again. Will Oda ever make any of the Strawhats die? This article will answer this question preparing you for what might be coming your way.
Will Oda ever make any of the Strawhats die?
Despite its long-running nature, One Piece has kept the death count significantly low as compared to its contemporaries. The first death we experienced in the series was halfway through the current status of One Piece. Lately, though, Oda has been getting flexible with killing characters.
We’ve seen around three deaths in a short period namely Yasuie, Izo, and Ashura Doji. They are side characters so it might just be a pure coincidence.
The Death of the Strawhats and How it’ll Impact the Story
Given the nature of the story, the death of any Strawhat will be a devastating event. Will Oda ever make any of the Strawhats die? The analysis of how the death of different members affects the story will help us in answering the question better.
- The death of Nami will be the most cruel of all as she’s the weakest and it’s the responsibility of the captain to save her. Similar to Nami, if other Strawhats were to die the story would take a gloomy turn and this change doesn’t sound like One Piece.
- As for Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, and Franky, they’re the least likely to die among the Strawhats.
- Robin’s death is unlikely but hers will be the most impactful death for the One Piece universe.
- Jimbei’s death is highly probable as he’s from the older generation of pirates. He might sacrifice himself for the rest of the crew and the new generation.
- Vivi’s death and the involvement of the world government in it will fuel the final war.
- Brook’s devil fruit has attracted various theories from fans. If those theories hold ground, Brook might die but it won’t matter because he’s already dead (Yo ho ho ho but in tears).
The Strawhats who are most likely to die
One thing that gets in the way of the death of the Strawhats is their dream but this problem doesn’t hold ground for Usopp. His dream and his death will align if it were to happen. His death can easily be played off as a joke making it both badass and sad, fitting his character. And we also have Sogeking to carry on the legacy of God Usopp.
It will be an utter failure on his part if Luffy lets anyone from his crew die. It’ll reflect badly on his character. In that case, if a straw hat were to die it’d be Luffy. There have been multiple instances that make this claim more plausible.
- All the power-ups Luffy has had so far put a significant toll on his physical health.
- The emphasis that has been put on this fact might be in preparation for what’s coming up. Luffy meeting his end like Roger will be a fitting end to his story.
The chances of any Strawhat dying besides Luffy are very slim. As it will completely neglect the post-Marineford developments. But Oda has been strangely consistent and serious about the deaths in the series. He will do justice to whatever he has planned for the series, no matter what it is.