Studio MAPPA is one of the leading animation studios in Japan. Studio MAPPA has created some of the most astonishing anime ever, and the list of their greats never ceases to end. MAPPA has been involved in projects which range in their form and genre, and mostly demand high-quality animation.
In this article, we will look at the top 5 anime by Studio MAPPA and how these blew everyone’s minds out.
MAPPA and it’s legacy: Top 5 studio MAPPA creations
5. Chainsaw Man
- Based on Tatsuki Fujimoto’s manga, the anime created by the same name Chainsaw Man by MAPPA not only did justice to the demand of the storyline but also created a diversion from the traditional narrative.
- Chainsaw Man interrogates the characters’ minds and the darker side of humanity. It examines the traditional concept of violence through the use of modern supernatural elements of cinematic creation.
Chainsaw Man created a huge impact when it was first released. With the astounding animation, it won the hearts of anime and manga fans alike. Moreover, the element of gore and bloody violence further adds to the grounding of the show.
4. Hajime no Ippo: Rising
Hajime no Ippo: Rising or popularly known as Fighting Spirit: Rising is a famously known drama anime crafted by MAPPA. As the show shifted from Madhouse to MAPPA, the animation quality also changed drastically.
- It navigates through the life of Ippo Makunouchi, a featherweight champion, and traces the various highs and lows of his life. The anime demands very subtle detailing for its emotional impact and also to convey the will of Ippo to the fans.
- Due to MAPPA’s detailed crafting, the anime became a major source of inspiration for the fans.
3. Jujutsu Kaisen
Based on the manga by Gege Akutami, Jujutsu Kaisen has crossed a considerable part of its journey with one season and movie released and another season awaiting release. The show narrates the tale of Yuji Itadori who mistakenly swallows a cursed item and is therefore pushed into the world of Jujutsu sorcerers.
As the show proceeds, we see a conflict between the sorcerers and cursed spirits and how humanity is restored and conflicted at each turn throughout the show. This is a show which required spotless animation due to the kind of narration it had, and throughout the show, we see how MAPPA did justice to this demand.
2. Vinland Saga Season 2
- Taking over from Wit Studios after it animated the first season, the already sensational anime adaptation of Makoto Yukimura’s award-winning manga broke records after the release of its second season.
- MAPPA’s second season of Vinland Saga was widely acclaimed as it brought justice to the demanding nature of its content. The detailing of violence, character representation, and brutality could only be done by MAPPA and it is coming up with the third season of the show as well.
- Vinland Saga Season 3 would not only break the previous standards set by the earlier season but it is also expected to surpass MAPPA’s own works from before when it comes to the projection of the storyline.
1. Attack on Titan Final Season
Attack on Titan has some of the highest-rated anime episodes that need no introduction as the adaptation of the manga by Hajime Isayama had already created a huge fanbase worldwide and the anime added multiple folds of the same to the fanbase. This incontestable and unique show was earlier being animated by Wit Studios, but as soon as MAPPA took over the final season it just blew the audience’s minds.
- Attack on Titan’s final season was demanding in terms of the various conflicts in motion, which were not only limited to the social or physical but also individual and psychological.
- MAPPA’s most significant piece of animation is therefore upheld by Attack on Titan’s final season as the show witnessed major changes in all aspects with MAPPA’s entry.