Demon Slayer Season 3 has become an immensely loved anime with the latest improvements in the story. While on one hand, the battle between Muichiro Tokito and Gyokko has been more of a psychological one, the one between Hantengu’s emotional demons and Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya has taken a rather explosive turn. Mitsuri’s entrance into the latter battle, therefore, becomes an important point of discussion for a better understanding of the entire narrative.
Demon Slayer Season 3: Recap of Episode 9
Episode 9 of Demon Slayer Season 3 was all about Muichiro Tokito, his Demon Slayer Mark, and his battle with Upper Moon Gyokko. The battle with Gyokko was a psychological one, where both sides were seriously engaged in deeper psychological warfare than just the mere projection of their physical abilities.
- Muichiro Tokito won against Gyokko because he could overcome his fears and doubts and could see through his mist.
- His visions and faded memory played a major role during this battle and also his motivations from Tanjiro guided him through the battle.
- Tokito’s battle was followed by the battle of Tanjiro and Hantengu’s emotional demons.
What exactly happens in the battle between Tanjiro and the emotional demons in Episode 9?
Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya battle against Zohakuten, the demon who formed as a result of the consumption of all emotion demons. Zohakuten’s wood dragons easily subdue Tanjiro and the others, and the trio is easily overpowered.
- Moreover, Zohakuten shields the original body of Hantengu and goes on to deliver a monologue on the atrocities of man and the deliverance of justice.
- As the dragons are about to consume Tanjiro, Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira, makes a surprise appearance. She immediately slashes the wooden dragon head and frees Tanjiro.
The episode ends with Mitsuri approaching Zohakuten and his dragons, and the cliffhanger thus gets established.
What can we expect in Episode 10 of Demon Slayer?
Episode 10 of Demon Slayer Season 3 has been titled ‘Love Hashira Mitsuri Kanroji’. The episode will present the battle between Zohakuten and Mitsuri and will introduce the abilities of the Love Hashira. She has been rarely and scantily shown, and this episode would be an opportunity for the fans to understand and know the Love Hashira.
- Moreover, we will also be introduced to the Love Hashira’s unique blade and the manipulation of a flexible weapon as such.
- Her blade is a pink-colored flexible piece of metal, which acts like a ribbon but cuts through all surfaces very easily.
It will be interesting to see how Mitsuri defeats Zohakuten. Moreover, Tanjiro might pursue the body of Hantengu and eventually end the battle with his defeat. Genya will also acquire demonic powers again after consuming Zohakuten’s wood. All in all, this would be an interesting episode to navigate.
Demon Slayer Season 3 Episode 10 would be about the most intense battle of the Swordsmith Village Arc. This episode would not only introduce the Love Hashira Mitsuri Kanroji but also assess Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko with their enhanced abilities. It will be interesting to see how Tanjiro also might get his new blade from Haganezuka and the battle after that.