My Hero Academia is an anime that follows the story of a young boy named Izuku Midoriya, also known as Deku, who dreams of becoming a hero despite not having a Quirk. A Quirk is a supernatural power that is bestowed upon some people in the world who go on to train and become Heroes. Deku, despite being born without any superhuman powers, is still determined to become strong and help others around him. Seeing this, the famous hero All Might decides to impart his Quirk, “One For All,” to Midoriya. For the subject of this writing, We have compiled a list of the Top 5 Rage moments in My Hero Academia that are sure to check all the boxes of an action fanatic.
The alluring world of My Hero Academia
- Named as the successor of the world’s greatest hero, Deku falls under the spotlight at his new academy, U.A. High School. There he meets his classmates who go on to be his close friends and allies (and frenemies too).
- However, life at the academy is not so easy as Deku and his friends face challenges that require making tough decisions and face enemies that pack quite a punch. It’s inevitable that such encounters result in fights that are action-packed and sure to keep you on the edge of your seats.
Top 5 Rage Moments in My Hero Academia
5. Mirio vs. Overhaul
- This fight breaks out during the “Overhaul” arc, where Overhaul kidnaps Eri, a girl with the power to rewind time. Mirio, along with the other heroes, arrives to rescue Eri and thwart Overhaul’s plans.
- Overhaul’s quirk allows him to disassemble and reassemble objects which works in Mirio’s favour, with his ability to phase through solid matter and we can see that he initially dodges Overhaul’s attacks. However, his moves become predictable and Overhaul knocks him down.
Mirio still manages to stand his ground and lands a powerful blow on Overhaul, but the villain is quick to retaliate with a devastating attack that separates Mirio from his clothes. With others losing hope, Mirio still doesn’t give up and keeps landing heavy blows on Overhaul. He manages to knock Overhaul out, but not before sustaining fatal injuries.
4. All Might vs. All For One
- This fight takes place during the “Hideout Raid” arc when the heroes launch a mission to rescue Bakugo from the League of Villains. All Might join them and confronts All For One, his arch-nemesis. All For One has the ability to steal and give Quirks, and he uses this to heavily injure All Might.
- All Might somehow manages to fight back, delivering powerful punches and strikes however we can see that he is quickly running out of power. In the end, All Might uses his ultimate move, the “United States of Smash,” to deliver a devastating blow to All For One. This was so strong that it caused a massive explosion, destroying everything in its surroundings.
This is a pivotal point in the story as we see the two strongest characters face each other off and also see the role of the strongest hero being passed on to the next generation after All Might.
3. Todoroki vs. Midoriya
- This fight takes place during the Sports Festival Arc where the heroes compete against each other in various competitions to showcase their fighting skills. Todoroki and Midoriya get paired up against each other in the second round of the fighting tournament.
Todoroki only uses his ice Quirk and refuses to use his fire Quirk, which he inherited from his abusive father, but Midoriya succeeds in convincing Todoroki to use his fire Quirk for his own sake, not for his father’s. This leads to an intense fight as both sides refuse to give up until Todoroki releases a massive wave of fire, that takes a heavy toll on his body, but Midoriya manages to dodge and escape it.
2. Bakugo vs. Midoriya
- Another fight takes place in the Sports Festival arc, with this one concentrating on the rivalry between Bakugo and Deku. Bakugo always underestimated and looked down on Deku, but he was admittedly jealous of Deku and his guts. The fight starts off with aggressive attacks from Bakugo but to everyone’s surprise, Midoriya manages to land a hit on Bakugo and uses his One for All Quirk to counter-attack.
Bakugo soon realizes that Midoriya has been learning from their previous fights and holding a strategic front. Midoriya pushes himself to his limits and unleashes an attack that breaks his own bones, but guarantees his victory. Everyone including Bakugo is impressed by his tenacity and starts to see him as his equal.
1. Deku vs. Muscular
This legendary fight takes place during the Forest Training Camp Arc when Deku, along with his classmates, is sent to a special training camp in the forest to improve their abilities but they encounter Muscular, who is a member of the League of Villains.
Deku and Muscular engage in an intense fight, with Deku using his strategic thinking to analyze Muscular’s weaknesses and exploit them. He was fueled by his intention of protecting his friends and defeats Muscular after unleashing a powerful strike, but exhausts himself completely by the end of it.