Rental Girlfriend will be hitting the screens this July with its highly anticipated Season 3 as part of the upcoming Summer 2023 anime schedule, and a new poster for the upcoming episodes are taking Ruka Sarashina on a date ahead of the premiere.
The last season ended with a new twist in Kazuya Kinoshita and Chizuru Mizuhara’s relationship moving forward, and that means there will undoubtedly be even more turbulence in the anime’s central romances when it returns for Season 3. Ruka, unfortunately, will be caught up in all of this mess once more.
Ruka in Rental Girlfriend Season 3
Rental Girlfriend Season 3 will bring back Ruka along with many of the other girls in Kazuya’s life when the anime returns with new episodes, but it has yet to be revealed what exactly her role will be in the new season.
As Chizuru and Kazuya get closer to one another, it’s going to be much tougher for someone like Ruka to get closer to him despite how much she clearly loves him more than he reciprocates.
Ruka is introduced as Shun Kuribayashi’s girlfriend, but she’s another rental girlfriend like Chizuru. Seeing the way Kazuya cares about Chizuru, she wants to date him.
- She has a condition that results in a low heart rate. She realizes her feelings for Kazuya when her heart rate elevates.
- Later on, Ruka gets a job at the same karaoke bar as Kazuya. She is cheerful and straightforward with her feelings and is not afraid to show her affection for Kazuya as she fights to be his real girlfriend.
Top Ruka Cosplays
As Rental Girlfriend Season 3 boosts fans with new key visuals, here are the best Ruka cosplays-
7. Ruka Sarashina cosplayed by @hanns_kunn
6. Ruka Sarashina by @alicekelstkaya
5. Ruka Sarashina cosplay by @cos_ruca
4. Ruka Sarashina cosplay by @iitshina
3. Ruka Sarashina cosplay by @myuumarie
2. Ruka Sarashina cosplay by @rionafae
1. Ruka Sarashina cosplay by @iamdorasnow
How to make your own Ruka cosplay
The Ruka cosplay items can be broken down to the
- Knotted Blue Hair Bow Headband
- Short Black Wig
- Cream Ivory Turtleneck
- Black Pleated Skirt
- Anklet Socks
- Brown Mary Jane Ballet Flats
Things to keep in mind
- Research and gather reference images: Look for pictures and official artwork of Ruka Sarashina to understand her appearance and outfit details.
- Style your hair: Ruka has short, black hair. Her most identifying features are her short hair tied up with a ribbon, usually a blue one. With her ribbon off, her hair is a voluminous layered bob. You can find tutorials or seek the help of a professional wig stylist.
- Apply makeup: Ruka has a natural and youthful look. Apply a light foundation to even out your skin tone, and use pink or natural-colored eyeshadows to enhance your eyes. Use a pink blush and soft pink lipstick to match her rosy complexion.
- Accessories: Pay attention to the details. Ruka wears a pendant around her neck, so make sure to include that. Additionally, consider any other accessories she may have, such as hair clips or ribbons.
- Practice mannerisms and expressions: Ruka has specific mannerisms and expressions that define her character. Observe her actions and expressions in anime or manga, and try to mimic them to bring out her personality in your cosplay.
We hope these wonderful cosplays help you get an idea about the character and maybe try out the cosplay yourself one day.