Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238 has managed to eliminate yet another character in the battle against Sukuna. While the King of Curses completed his transformation, the fate of Megumi Fushiguro remains unknown and grim. With the transformation, Sukuna managed to overpower Kashimo, but as the ancient hero goes down in ashes, is Sukuna ready for his next big fight? Will he lose this time or will a victor emerge with a price?
Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238 – a quick recap
Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238 begins with Kashimo admiring Sukuna’s perfect form and how his body has surpassed all forms of sorcery. He comments on how Sukuna can use two hands for hand signs and still have two more to react to any attacks. He goes on to comment on how such a disfigured body gives shape to a perfect being and how such a being can function without any hindrance from outside forces.
- It was further revealed that Sukuna, along with his two weapons Kamutoke and Hiten, wiped out the Sun and Moon squad and the Five Void Generals of the Northern Fujiwara clan.
- He also defeated the Angels and the Desshi Pacification Squad of the renowned Abe clan. Herein, for the first time in the entire narrative, Sukuna used his chanting for his Dismantle.
- This cuts the ground in half and Kashimo laments that it was the very attack which butchered Satoru Gojo.
Kashimo also has a flashback of how Sukuna taught him the ethos of love for a warrior and how one must treat their opponent with respect. Sukuna, while drowning in his hedonistic self-obsession, says that love is indeed worthless. With Kashimo’s defeat, Hakari’s barrier breaks, and Yuji Itadori and Higuruma Hiromi jump into the battlefield.
Why does Sukuna mock Yuji in JJK 238?
When Yuji and Higuruma break into the battlefield, Sukuna mocks his former vessel in Jujutsu Kaisen 238. While there are suggestions that the viewing room is above the barrier, Sukuna’s use of chanting in JJK 238 is yet another indication that he needed his original self to use cursed techniques at the maximum output. While Kashimo might have probably died off-screen, it is Yuji’s entry into the battlefield that takes Sukuna by surprise.
Sukuna mocks Yuji saying that a kid such as him cannot prove to amount to anything. Yuji’s form has also changed, suggesting that he might have possibly awakened his cursed technique using the remnants of Sukuna in his body, or he might have simply absorbed the last missing finger. Whatever the case, Sukuna believes that an inferior fighter such as Yuji who cannot even defeat Satoru Gojo will not be an able opponent in this intensive battle.
Will Sukuna finally be defeated in Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 239?
Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238 hints at Sukuna’s next big fight, but the King of Curses has chosen to be ignorant of his opponent’s abilities and the threat that Yuji Itadori might project. While the battle is impending, the nature is quite predictable. There are only two possibilities that we can be sure of at this given hour:
- Sukuna undermines his opponents and Yuji strikes with a surprising attack. This will lead to Sukuna’s ground being shattered and if Yuji manages to hold on to his offensive, Sukuna might even be taken down.
- Sukuna launches a counter-offensive before Yuji manages to land an attack, which will then prove to be counter-productive for Yuji. This will give Sukuna an upper hand, but given the secrecy of Yuji’s abilities at this moment, we cannot be sure of his response or approach to such an attack.
Sukuna might finally be defeated in this battle as the protagonist has finally entered the battlefield in Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238. However, the battle might be stretched and the other characters might also filter in to aid Yuji in this decisive duel. With Sukuna’s attitude towards Yuji at first glance, it seems that Yuji has an upper hand already.
The battle of Yuji vs Sukuna in Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 239 will be a battle of rage against overconfidence. While Yuji will fight for his last comrade Megumi and his beloved sensei Gojo, Sukuna still has to understand the consequences of this rage and has to come up with a proper strategy against his former vessel. For more regular anime updates, subscribe to our newsletter at SpielAnime!