The Lazarus anime release date has finally been hinted at during its trailer and is being directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, the man behind Cowboy Bebop, and will be produced by Sola Entertainment. The animation is being handled by MAPPA and the announcement of the show quickly gained a lot of attention due to a peculiar attribute attached to it – it has no source material!
Lazarus anime release date speculated along with its first teaser
The Lazarus anime release date has been hinted at along with its first teaser. The announcement was made on July 20, 2023, and based on speculative reasoning one can conclude that it will release during the first half of 2024. While there hasn’t been any said date for the release of the Lazarus anime, the debut is set for the spring anime season of 2024.
- The Lazarus anime is making its debut as an anime without a source material and that makes it all the more exciting as an upcoming show.
- The first season will have a total of 13 episodes and the action sequences are directed by John Wick director Chad Stahelski.
Lazarus anime plot structure and imaginative narration
The Lazarus anime is the brainchild of MAPPA and it is expected to bring out the creative and imaginative genius of the studio. The story is set in 2052 and a golden period dawned upon Earth with Dr. Skinner’s invention of the Hapuna drug. This groundbreaking contribution to society led to the disappearance of its creator and a subsequent reveal by the same regarding the newfound flaw with the drug.
Hapuna is a drug which holds the ability to cure any illness but the side effects are fatal in the most frightening way giving the user only a limited time of three years to live. This leads to the formation of the task force named Lazarus which is appointed to counter the real tragedies which this drug incites. The members of the team are as under:
- Dr. Emma Turner – the brilliant scientist
- Detective Rafael Moreno – an expert investigator
- Aiden Shaw – a hardcore adventurer
- Lily Chen – a master hacker
- Dr. Amina Khan – the medic
The Lazarus anime release date therefore comes with a lot of anticipation and excitement for the release of a show without any source, making it an exceptional and extremely imaginative piece in today’s cultural space of anime.
Lazarus anime – crew information and Watanabe’s glorious experimentation
Lazarus anime is being directed by Shinichiro Watanabe who is known for anime shows like Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy. Moreover, Chad Stahelski will be directing the action sequences, a glimpse of which is already evident in the beautiful and thrilling teaser that was dropped last month. The soundtrack will feature saxophonist Kamasi Washington, along with major contributions from Floating Points and Bonobo.
Lazarus anime will be a glorious experiment by Watanabe, as he wouldn’t be restricted by any source material and therefore can avail the liberty of artistic freedom.
- The anime will also blend the genre of noir with an adventure thriller of sorts, making it a distinctively stylized anime in its very basic structure.
- It will also act as an achievement for Watanabe as it will divert from the traditions of the industry and introduce a completely new discourse, giving Watanabe the benefit of liberal profiling and characterization in this anime.
Lazarus anime release date is under a very speculative atmosphere of reasoning. While it remains an anime without any source materials, the reins being held by MAPPA and Watanabe give it the provision to outshine its expectations. It will be a pleasantly surprising experience for viewers to witness a major point of shift in the anime industry with the release of Lazarus anime in the early half of 2024.