When it comes to anime shows, Netflix has it all. The recent anime adaptations of video games like Cyberpunk: 2077 series “Edgerunners” and League of Legends series “Arcane” have achieved great success. On 27 September, Netflix unveiled a trailer for its most recent anime series, “Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft,” which features Hayley Atwell’s voice. The Tomb Raider anime series will follow the iconic Square Enix video game and take up after the reboot trilogy, with Lara Croft exploring new terrain.
Tomb Raider anime trailer released by Netflix
The official first-look trailer for Netflix’s planned Tomb Raider anime series, which has recently been embroiled in controversy, was published on Wednesday, September 27, 2023. Although the status of the series has been unclear in recent months, it appears that not only is it coming, but a public release window has been set.
- It appears like the anime adaptation of Tomb Raider is almost finished.
- It is anticipated that fans will be able to watch the series sooner rather than later, despite the possibility that delays would cause the previously stated release timetable to slip even further.
The 60-second teaser for the “Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft” anime opens with the titular character, Lara Croft, holding a bow and puffing before plunging into a chasm. The image then switches to her standing in front of a fire, then to a strange group of apparitions that resemble tails. She then proceeds to examine some symbols on a wall.
Tomb Raider anime plot
Tomb Raider is a renowned video game franchise in which players take on the role of the famed explorer Lara Croft; think of her as the female Indiana Jones. Lara Croft is continually entangled in perilous situations while searching for artifacts and other treasures.
Lana Croft was mostly motivated to explore because her father had been killed when she was a young child. It was his sense of adventure that she inherited. The series has seen several chapters, but the most current trilogy is unquestionably one of the best for fans of adventure games.
- This series will supposedly be an anime adaptation of Square Ennix’s Survivor Trilogy, which featured Tomb Raider (2013), Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018).
- The trailer depicts Lara with her pals from the original game, including her late mentor Roth, best buddy Sam Nishimura, and close friend Jonah.
- As Jonah was the only character to return for the sequels, hopefully, the series will be able to investigate what happened to them.
Where to watch the Tomb Raider anime?
“Tomb Raider” has evolved into a global phenomenon that includes films, merchandising, and comic books. Lara Croft will make her animated series debut in this Netflix-Legendary collaboration.
- Tasha Huo, best known for her work on “The Witcher: Blood Origin” and “Red Sonja,” is the scriptwriter for the anime series.
- Dmitri M. Johnson, the founder and CEO of dj2 Entertainment, as well as Stephan Bugaj and Howard Bliss, serve as executive producers.
- Jacob Robinson will also serve as an executive producer for the project through his company Tractor Pants.
So far, there have been speculations about the release date of the Tomb Raider anime to be in 2024, but there are no specific release dates as of yet. The anime series will be available to stream on Netflix as soon as it is released on the media super-giant.
It is assumed that Atwell will be voicing the character, especially since the series teaser was released with no mention of a casting change. Hopefully, the rest of the series’ production process goes as smoothly as possible, allowing fans to see the finished product sooner. For more anime updates, do not forget to subscribe to our Newsletter!