The Love Hashira’s breathing forms in Demon Slayer are peculiar and extraordinary. She only knows how to use 5 different forms of Love Breathing and apart from that, she was also trained by Kyojuro Rengoku in the art of Flame Breathing.
To be more detailed in our understanding, the Love Breathing was created by Mitsuri Kanroji herself, as she was unable to master the Flame Breathing and had to create a form that was more suitable to her flexibility and strength. Mitsuri, therefore, chose to name them herself, and most importantly, she chose to name them after cats!
Mitsuri Kanroji and the Love Hashira’s abilities and fighting style in Demon Slayer
Misturi Kanroji is one of the strongest Hashiras of the Demon Slayer universe. She is a powerful swordsman with a whip-like Nichiri Blade and she is extremely flexible and strong.
She could easily put up a fight against Upper-Rank Four Hantengu’s clone dragons and also Zohakuten as well. Misturi and her swordsmanship are so precise and distinct that she could easily slice through all of the Upper Moon’s attacks with ease.
Although by the end of her battle with Upper-Rank Four, she was exhausted to the point she exclaimed that if the battle were to stretch any further, she would die out of losing her strength for having defended for so long. Still, to have defended against Zohakuten’s attack through the dawn is commendable to say the least.
Misturi uses Love Breathing, which has been created by her based on her experiences with Flame Breathing.
- The Love Hashira’s breathing forms in Demon Slayer are extremely unique and are suitable for both long ranges as well as short-range attacks.
- But more than anything, Love Breathing and her flexible katana allows Mitsuri to cover a wide range of motion and attack, something that other breathing forms and a normal Nichirin blade would not be able to achieve.
What are the Love Hashira’s Breathing forms?
The Love Hashira’s Breathing forms in Demon Slayer are as follows:
- First Form: Shivers of First Love – This allows the user to move forward in dashes and perform a single slash that hits multiple areas of the target in one slice.
- Second Form: Love Pangs – The user performs a singular attack with a long winding sword which cuts the target at multiple angles and is as deadly as the first form of Love Breathing.
- Third Form: Catlove Shower – This form allows the user to be in the air for a long time and perform multiple arched slashes, that too in quick succession.
- Fifth Form: Swaying Love, Wildclaw – This is a release of a tornado of slashes as the user is in the air performing a summersault.
- Sixth Form: Cat-Legged Winds of Love -This helps the user perform layers of arching slashes in quick succession, as the blade extracts and retracts to extend and compress.
Why are the Love Hashira’s breathing forms named after cats in Demon Slayer?
Mitsuri had a childhood filled with exclusion and discrimination. She was a strong child but her strength was seen as a threat by the society. In those moments of loneliness, it was her family and her pet cat which gave her the company she needed.
Mitsuri was always in love with the cat which she owned as a child. She also loves talking and discussing about cats with the Stone Hashira Gyomei Himejima.
Mitsuri Kanroji, therefore, chose to name her breathing forms after cats, as she believes that her slashes are showers of tender love, just like a cat’s touch. She liked to believe that a touch of a cat would free the demon from their misery and she chose to follow her idea through her discipline and her creation of Love Breathing.
The forms of Love Breathing are peculiar and rare, and they are also mastered by their creator, Mitsuri Kanroji. The Love Hashira, therefore, believes that death is the same for all, and in those moments, everyone standing at the doors of death deserves a shower of love. And since her idea of love is her cat, she chose to shower love through a cat too.