My Hero Academia fans were disappointed this week when Chapter 414 was delayed due to manga creator Kohei Horikoshi falling ill. Just days before the next issue of Weekly Shonen Jump was set to release, the editorial department shared the news that a sudden sickness had prevented Horikoshi from finishing the chapter in time.
In an apologetic statement, the team expressed regret for the last-minute delay and asked readers to continue supporting the popular manga series. Though Chapter 414 was originally listed in the issue’s table of contents, corrections unfortunately could not be made before printing deadlines.
- Rumors suggest Horikoshi’s illness this time was more severe than usual, raising concern among devoted MHA fans. At this time, most understand the mangaka prioritizing his health over meeting schedules. There’s no doubt readers would rather see Horikoshi take care of himself rather than force out chapters while unwell.
The delay of Chapter 414 comes just as excitement builds for My Hero Academia’s upcoming seventh anime season. With the manga currently exploring intriguing new war arcs, fans are eager to see the next phase of Deku and friends’ adventures. For now, they’ll have to wait a bit longer for the story to progress.
MHA Chapter 414 New Release Date + Where to Read
After this week’s unexpected delay, manga readers now have a new target for when to expect My Hero Academia Chapter 414. According to the official Manga Plus website, the MHA 414 is slated to release this coming weekend as part of Weekly Shonen Jump’s regular schedule.
- Barring any further setbacks with Horikoshi’s health, Chapter 414 should arrive on Monday, February 19 at 12 AM JST. Of course, the mangaka’s well-being is top priority, so release plans could change if he requires more recovery time.
- When it does drop, fans worldwide will be able to read the new chapter through Viz Media’s site and the Manga Plus app. As usual, the content will be available in English without delay.
With My Hero Academia’s global popularity, Chapter 414 will have readers tuning in across multiple timezones:
- Pacific Daylight Time: Sunday, February 18 2024 at 08:00
- Central Daylight Time: February 18 2024 at 10:00
- Eastern Daylight Time: Sunday, February 18 2024 at 11:00
- British Summer Time: Sunday, February 18 2024 at 16:00
- Central European Summer Time: Sunday, February 18 2024 at 17:00
- Indian Standard Time: Sunday, February 18 2024 at 20:30
- Philippine Time: Sunday, February 11 2024 at 23:00
- Japan Standard Time: Monday, February 12, 2024 at 00:00
- Australian Central Standard Time: Monday, February 12 2024 at 00:30
While the delay of Chapter 414 may be disappointing for hungry My Hero Academia fans, most are willing to wait if it means creator Kohei Horikoshi can fully recover from his illness. The health of mangaka like Horikoshi, who pour so much energy into crafting the series we love, must always come first.
With the new issue of Weekly Shonen Jump, the MHA story is ready to pick up again this weekend. We’re eager to jump back into the excitement of the manga’s current war arcs and see where things go next for Deku and his fellow U.A. students.
If you can’t get enough My Hero Academia between new manga chapters, be sure to sign up for our anime newsletter below. This original letter gets delivered 2 times a week with niche recommendations, fun facts, editorials and more to fill the MHA void. From breaking down quirks to analyzing heroes and villains, our newsletter is sure to satisfy superfans!